My name is Jim Gray. For five years, I was stranded in a new city as a freelancer with only one goal: survive. Now I will fulfill my dream – to use my skills, connections and drive to help a global non-profit. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else…sort of…
Allow me to explain: I am a fan of the show “Arrow” with Stephen Amell. So I made my own parody of the opening monologue just as I did four years ago with “Burn Notice on the Prairie”
The good news is that as of tomorrow I have been working for one month as the Senior Digital Marketing Strategist at VisionTrust International here in Colorado Springs, CO. Find out more about what we do on our blog!
There are two things that VisionTrust does that are unique that I really love:
1. We feed, educate and care for some of the most neediest kids in the world and
2. We do our work in some of the hardest to reach places in the world in 17 countries worldwide.
Tomorrow is my first paid holiday in five years and on Tuesday I receive my first full paycheck from my new employer! That’s a big deal for me.
I have been asked why I went back to work for someone else when I was good at freelancing. There are a number of reasons that I will share with you:
1. I was tired of working alone. I wanted to to work on a team.
2. I did not want to return to freelancing in 2012, but I had no choice after my position was deleted and I was let go at that company.
3. The joy of working on campaigns and multiple clients always had an end to it and there was no loyalty, even if you made someone else successful.
It is so good to be working somewhere where I can use all my skills, personality, connections and insights in one place. This new chapter is a healthy one for me and for my family. I look forward to what the future holds.